• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

CCS CCS Suspended Until Further Notice

DRGSuccess

FYI: The CCS Exam has been suspended until further notice as of 3/28/2014. You can read more about it at AHIMA's website under the Certification tab and under CCS. It's quite interesting how a test could be compromised with all of the security levels you have to go through to take the CCS, palm scans, video and voice monitoring during the exam etc. I guess where there is a will there is a way. I feel sorry for the people that did not cheat and may have to take the exam again. That's some serious stress!

The exam being suspended until further notice at the same time the bill that delays ICD-10 implemntation until 2015 passed through the house of Representatives, and will be voted on by the Senate on Monday...Wow!

TiffanyM

This is very interesting.. don't they also score your test right at the testing site and you can get your score right away? I wonder what exactly happened.. Unlike the AAPC where you have to wait days. I would prefer to have my test scored at the testing site and not have it shipped out in the mail ..and know right away, especially since there are many people not passing by at 68% including myself it's just odd to me..

DRGSuccess

I was wondering the same thing considering they do a palm scan, take a picture of you, check 2 forms of ID with your signature, check your books before you go in to test, check your books when you complete testing. They also provide a small dry erase board with a marker for any notes you need to take while doing the exam and they take that from you and erase everything when you leave. In addition to that you are video and sound recorded during the whole exam. So how someone was able to get past the "Top Notch Security" to compromise the exam is beyond me but anything is possible when someone is desperate.

Someone on another message board made a comment that they really did it because of the flood of CCS examinees trying to take the ICD-9 version of the test before the deadline and they would make more money on the ICD-10 because more people would fail it (ICD-10) and have to take it again ($299) whereas with ICD-9 more people are studying harder than ever to pass it on the first try due to the previous deadline and and they would not make as much money. If it can be proven that more people take the CCS than another exam they offer it would not sound so far fetched.

It would be nice if AAPC test takers could get their exam scores the same day. That would take a flood of requests from members and credential holders to make something like that happen.